Clark Thomson is Scotland’s largest independent insurance broker employing over 200 people across our 9 branches.
Accredited as a Chartered Insurance Broker – the gold standard in our industry – we are committed to delivering excellent client service in the local business community through highly motivated claims, account handling and account executive teams.
Commercial Account Executive – Dundee
Clark Thomson is Scotland’s largest independent insurance broker with 9 branches throughout Scotland. Accredited as a Chartered Insurance Broker – the gold standard in our industry – we are committed to delivering excellent client service in the local business community through highly motivated claims, account handling and account executive teams.
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Account Executive to join our team in Dundee. As a Commercial Account Executive, you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive broking service, covering all aspects of administration for existing and new clients.
- Gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
- Ensure client’s insurance requirements are recognised, agreed, implemented and maintained.
- Negotiate appropriate covers and price and facilitate the prompt collection of premiums.
- Ensure that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided, in line with industry regulations.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with both clients and prospects.
- Keep detailed client records and ensure all administrative tasks are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Gather and analyse insurance market information, ensuring that you keep up to date with changes in the insurance market and in your clients’ industries.
- Assist with assessing the training requirements of staff and provide necessary training as required.
- Fully contribute to the effective running of the Commercial department, interacting with Account Handlers and all other members of staff and undertaking any task that may reasonably be required.
- Ensure continuous professional development, maintaining a personal CPD record.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Ideally you will possess 2 years’ commercial insurance experience, along with Dip CII qualifications or a willingness to obtain.
- Customer focus with a passion for delivering excellent service.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and work in an organised and efficient manner.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
In exchange we offer a benefits package commensurate with experience and a commitment to develop your career as we continue to expand.
CLOSING DATE – Friday 16th October 2017APPLY NOW